"I believe in standardizing automobiles, not human beings." -Albert Einstein

Monday, February 6, 2012

What Does a 12 Year Old Think About School Choice?

Why not let the children be heard??  (This letter was edited only to protect the student,teacher and school mentioned.)

"I am a student at a Charter School in Georgia. I love my school.  There are many opportunities for learning and being part of your community.  I am a 6th grade representative. Beta club member, Future Educators of America club member and honor roll student.  One of my teachers, Mrs. Teacher, teaches in a way that just makes it easier to understand.  She teaches Science which I did not like last year.  This year it is my favorite subject because I understand it.  Many of the Charter teachers do that, not just her.  We have creative projects which I believe are great.  It helps us remember the material and it is more fun that just taking notes all the time.  I think that creativity is mandatory in a kid’s growth.  I believe education is very important, and the Charter schools offer so much more. 

At my last school I was bullied and no one cared.  I was bullied until I cried.  I was just a student in a large class and there was no time for me.  At my Charter School, that does not happen.  I am important at Charter.  My Charter School has changed not just my life, but many of my friends.  We want to come to school now.  Do you really want to send us back to schools where we do not matter? 

I want to ask all the House Representatives  if  you have ever been bullied?  Those of you who raised your hands please close your eyes and think about when you were bullied.    It is not fun and hard to concentrate on school work.  

To quote J K Rowling’s, “it is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities”. Please make the right choice for me and the children of Georgia and Vote yes for school choice.  

I am your future."

No comments:

Post a Comment